ABOUT THE YOUNG CONSERVATORY PROGRAM
The Young Conservatory program at Le Petit provides students from ages 8 to 18 the ability to develop their talents, perform in professional productions, and gain the confidence to succeed—all in a comfortable, creative, and fun environment. Young Conservatory students take classes in Voice and Diction, Clowning and Movement, Stagecraft, Stage Presence, and Ensemble Building. Classes are led by theatre professionals who have a passion for working with young people. Young Conservatory students will gain confidence, learn teambuilding, and grow their performing skills. The Young Conservatory program is fee-based, but Le Petit is committed to providing scholarship to ensure that all qualifying students have access to this important program.
- Learn: Young Conservatory (YC) classes are exciting, engaging, and challenging. Courses such as acting, musical theater, clowning, and physical comedy offer something for every student's taste and schedule. YC teachers and directors are active theater professionals who understand and enjoy working with young people.
- Develop: The YC teaches more than just acting. Students learn to incorporate the craft of theater into their everyday lives, developing concentration, imagination, professionalism, character, and self-confidence along the way.
- Perform: Weekday and/or weekend rehearsals culminate in a production adapted or selected specifically for Le Petit's Young Conservatory and performed by conservatory students on Le Petit's historic French Quarter stage. YC actors are also given priority access to audition slots when Le Petit’s professional productions need to fill roles for child and teen actors.
- Succeed: By training at the YC, students gain the creative and communication skills to succeed in just about anything. Many students from conservatory programs go on to study art in college, yet the skills they learn give them the confidence, presence, and knowledge to succeed in any career.
- For more information, please contact education@