Le Petit Theatre is opening a limited number of slots for additional auditions from 11am-3pm on Saturday, December 9th at Lusher High School (5624 Freret).
If you attended the open call on December 2nd, you do not need to attend this additional call.
WHERE: Lusher High School, 5624 Freret Street
REHEARSALS: Tues-Sun, January 22, 2018 - March 8, 2018. Rehearsals take place at Lusher High School on Freret Street.
PERFORMS: Friday, March 9 through Sunday, March 25, 2018, with possible extension to March 31, 2018
AUDITION GUIDELINES: Cuts from the show will be provided upon making an appointment.
SEEKING: All roles open to all ethnicities and backgrounds unless specified below.
- Blanche DuBois- 30s. A former schoolteacher from Laurel, Mississippi, she arrives at her sister Stella's apartment destitute and hiding from a life in which she has fallen from grace. Loquacious. Projects an air of fragility that is at once sincere and a mask for her visceral desires. Desperate.
- Stella Kowalski- 20s-30s. Blanche's sister and Stanley's wife, she is caught between the two worlds they come from: the decaying world of Southern grace and gentility, and the vibrant, animal, lusty world she lives in with Stanley. She is at once pulled between these two worlds and able to inhabit them both.
- Stanley Kowalski- 30s. Practical, suspicious, carnal, and indignant. He has no time or patience for Blanche's distortions or her vulnerability. Muscular, he has an animal's strength and listens to his instincts. His brutishness and desire to control are occasionally shattered, exposing his confusion and hurt.
- Harold Mitchell (Mitch)- 30s-40s. A solid guy, solidly built. A regular guy. Genuine and kind. He sweats through his awkwardness. He is tired of being single and is searching for a companion, which he hopes he has found in Blanche. Does his best to be sensitive and a gentleman, until he learns about Blanche's past.
- Eunice Hubbell- 40s-50s. Stella and Stanley's landlady. Her marriage to Steve is a loud one, as they constantly argue. Somewhat stern, a businesslike approach to life, such as it is, that conceals a genuine affection and protectiveness for Stella. Formidable and plain.
- Steve Hubbell- 40s-50s. Eunice's husband and a poker buddy of Stanley's. Fights with Eunice constantly. Is prone to losing his temper, and sometimes can be violent. Pablo Gonzales- 20s-40s, Latinx. One of Stanley's poker buddies. Likes to have a good time and likes to tie one on.
- A Young Collector- 18+. Shows up at the Kowalskis door collecting for the newspaper. Is greeted by Blanche who tries to seduce him. Smart, polite, attractive, inexperienced. Strange Man (the Doctor)- 40s-70s. At first he appears to be professional to the point of inhumanity. But he can also become the epitome of the southern gentlemen. It is he on whom Blanche depends for the kindness of strangers.
- Strange Woman (the Nurse)- any age. Brusque, strong, and devoid of humor. She has a talent for subduing hysterical patients.
- A Flower Seller- any age, Latinx. The flowers she sells are for the dead, and her call is both painful and haunting.
- Residents of of the French Quarter- a hot tamale vendor, an errant landlady, perhaps busking musicians, sailors, etc
Auditions will be held by appointment on Saturday December 9, 2017 at Lusher High School, 5624 Freret Street, New Orleans, from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM.
To schedule an audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a recent picture and résumé, the name of the role you are auditioning for, if you are AEA, and your desired audition time.
We will email you back with a confirmation and preparation guidelines.
« back to news