Book and lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Music by Stephen Flaherty
Based on My Love, My Love by Rosa Guy
On a tropical isle in the Caribbean, a child seeks comfort in a storm. Her fellow villagers tell her the story of Ti Moune, a young peasant girl who falls in love with a wealthy boy from the other side of the island, and of the four impassioned gods who make a bet over which is stronger: love or death. Le Petit kicks off its second century of great theatre in the heart of the French Quarter with the spectacular musical fable from the Tony Award-winning songwriting team of Ragtime and Anastasia.
Winner of the Olivier Award for Best Musical and nominated for eight Tony Awards, Once on this Island is a rousing Calypso-flavored tale of one small girl who finds love in a world of prejudice.
Run-time 90 minutes with no intermission.
Recommended for ages 10 and up.
- Ti Moune - Shangobunmi Mcalpine
- Little Ti Moune - To Be Cast
- Daniel Beauxhomme - Luke Halpern
- Papa Ge, Demon of Death - Bryan Williams*
- Asaka, Mother of the Earth - Jessica Mixon
- Agwe, God of Water - Kebron Woodfin
- Erzulie, Goddess of Love - Taylor E. James
- Mama Euralie - Idella Johnson*
- Tonton Julian - Robert Diago D'oqui*
- Andrea Devereaux - Kathleen Moore
- Armand Beauxhomme - To Be Cast
- Storytellers/Gossips - Ebony Johnson, Lloyd Meekins, Whitney Mixon,
- Maxwell Williams - Director
- Emanuel Burke - Music Director
- Polanco Jones, Jr. - Choreographer
- Jean Kim - Scenic Design
- Julie Winn - Costume Design
- Andrew Griffin - Lighting Design
- Jason Doyle- Sound Design
- Kristin Gdula* - Production Stage Manager