In an exciting partnership with New Orleans' theatre company, The NOLA Project, we close our 100th Anniversary Season with the outrageously funny farce by Tony- and Emmy award- winning writer Terrence McNally.
It’s the opening night of the brand new play The Golden Egg on Broadway, and wealthy producer Julia Budder is throwing a lavish party in her opulent Manhattan townhouse. Downstairs, the celebrity guests are pouring in. But the real action is upstairs in the bedroom—where a group of insiders eagerly await the opening night reviews.
“This show is without a doubt hilariously, sidesplittingly funny... These are among the funniest lines to roll o a stage in years...It’s Only a Play deserves only a rave.” —The New York Times
Performances: Thursday - Saturday evenings at 7:30 PM; Sunday afternoons at 3 PM
Run time: Approximately 2 hours, 30 minutes; includes one, 15-minute intermission
Recommended for ages 13 and older.
- Peter Austin - Sean Patterson*
- James Wicker - Ricky Graham
- Julia Budder - Cecile Monteyne
- Ira Drew - James Bartelle
- Frank Finger - Keith Claverie
- Virginia Noyes - Leslie Castay*
- Gus P. Head - Alex Ates*
*Denotes member of Actor's Equity Association
- AJ Allegra - Director
- Steve Schepker - Scenic Design
- Kaci Thomassie - Costume Design
- Colleen Ryan - Lighting Design
- Matt Jackson - Sound Design
- Jacob Weitzman - Production Stage Manager
- Zak Moses - Asst. Stage Manager
- Jaime Bird - Properties Master